Prepare your kids for the future
The Language Testing Centre at St Petersburg University developed a test of everyday Russian as a foreign language for school students. This test enables you to assess the level of Russian language competence in bilingual children and children who study Russian as a foreign language. The test is suitable for learners aged 4 to 16.
What is valuable about the test is that its thematic focus reflects the secondary school curriculum content. The test-takers can demonstrate their knowledge and language skills and pass the test by completing enjoyable and easy-to-understand exam tasks.
The test is more than just an exam. This is an exciting opportunity to reward and encourage children in language learning. Being awarded a certificate will help them to:
- prepare to the Test of Russian as a Foreign Language for adults;
- feel confident in their abilities;
- make new friends
Certificate in Russian as a Foreign Language for school students
The Test of Russian as a Foreign Language for school students is a contemporary test taking into account distinct regional identities of Russia.
Candidate who successfully pass the test receive a certificate issued by St Petersburg University, confirming the level of proficiency in Russian as a foreign language according to the Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR).
A1 to B2 levels certificates in Russian as a foreign language for school students are valid for 5 years, while a C1 level certificate does not have an expiry date.
Each test is made up of five parts, aimed to test communicative competence and main language skills: Reading; Vocabulary & Grammar; Writing; Listening; and Speaking. The test for pre-school bilingual children focuses on the skills needed to communicate in Russian.
The five-level competence scale allows for implementing a step-by-step approach to learning Russian, which makes learning enjoyable, effective and rewarding. The test is designed specifically for school-aged students. The exam tasks are age appropriate in terms of topics and communicative situations, and also representative of what pre-teens and teenagers should be familiar with. This does not only affirm the validity of the test but also makes the test more interesting to test-takers.
We invite your children to take a test in everyday Russian as a foreign language for school students. Language learning is a long and important process. Our tests will help them to learn in consistent and logical steps and stay motivated along their language learning journey.
A few facts about us:
- training materials are developed by experts from the Language Testing Centre at St Petersburg University in compliance with the CEFR descriptors of language competences developed for children and teenagers;
- thousands of school students have already taken the test and received their certificates;
- the geography of exam takers is steadily expanding, currently including: Argentina; Hungary; Germany; Greece; Denmark; Italy; Cyprus; the Netherlands; Norway; Serbia; Turkey; Finland; Czech Republic; Switzerland; and Japan.