What is the Cambridge English Placement Test?
The Cambridge English Placement Test is designed to help you determine your English proficiency level. You can use the results to help you choose a language course appropriate for your English language ability or to assess your learning progress. It is a fast and accurate way to assess your English language skills.
Why take the Cambridge English Placement Test?
- The Cambridge English Placement Test allows you to find out your level of English language proficiency
- It helps to choose which English language course is best suited for your level
- The test results will show your CEFR level
- It helps to find out which Cambridge English exam is right for you
- This test can be helpful in exam preparation because the Cambridge English Placement Test has a similar format and task types as Cambridge English exams
The Cambridge English Placement Test Format
The Cambridge English Placement Test is an online adaptive* test of general English, testing Reading/Use of English and Listening. The test takes approximately 30-40 minutes.
Results are reported instantly upon test completion.
*The test is able to adapt to a candidate’s responses and becomes progressively easier or more difficult following correct or incorrect answers.
Fees / Dates / Registration
The Cambridge Placement Test costs 900 roubles.
The test can be taken on week days from 16:00. To register for the test, you will need to come in person with your valid identity document to the Language Testing Centre at St Petersburg University at: 11, Lieutenant Schmidt Emb, room 210, 30 minutes before the test. You can also register by filling in the online form.